Canvas Draw 1.0.1 for Mac Release Notes
- Import Canvas and Canvas X documents created by previous and current versions
- Import popular raster file formats, like BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF
- Vector drawing with non-destructive SpriteEffects and SpriteLayer technologies
- Image editing with a variety of paint tools, and effects and adjustment filters
- Sophisticated Text tools to create multi-columns, flow texts: Section tool, Text Link/Unlink tools, and Text Path tool
- Document Layout with vector objects, raster objects, and texts: create, drag, and place as you design
- Adding dimensions on scaled documents: real world measurements
- Export in popular raster file formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF
- Export documents to PDF as publications on the web or for high resolution printing
- A crash on selecting RGB Tints or CMYK Tints in the Ink Manager of the Attributes palette on El Capitan is resolved.
- The splash screen that does not show up on El Capitan is resolved.
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CVS, CV5, CNV, CVX, EPS, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT
- Export file formats: BMP, CVX, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, TIF, TPL
- When importing Canvas and Canvas X files, objects that are not supported by Canvas Draw will be represented as rectangles.
- AI import only supports AI files that are saved with “Create PDF Compatible File option” selected.
- “Mac App Store and identified developers” must be selected in Security & Privacy options of Mac OS X in order to detect a developer’s certificate for Canvas Draw.
- Internet access is required to view the online Help. Offline Help is not available.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums