Canvas 12 Build 1389 Release Notes
Welcome to Canvas 12, the integrated application that speeds up and streamlines your technical illustration workflow.
About the Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for Canvas 12. The following sections provide late-breaking or other information not covered in the Canvas 12 documentation.
About Canvas 12
For information about Canvas 12 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- software updates
- supported file formats
- user guide
- community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee knowledge base
The following are the known issues identified for this version at the time of release.
- Canvas no longer supports older versions (prior to CS) of Adobe Illustrator files.
- The document pages in the Page Navigator of a publication document do not reflect changes to the Master Pages until that page is clicked.
- When saving a Publication document with multiple pages as a CGM file, each page will export as an individual layer in a one page file.
- To use the Smart Vector Fill tool on an Enveloped or Extruded object, the object must first be converted to paths (Path | Convert to Paths), otherwise application will crash.
- When saving a file as a PDF, the Save Layers option can be used to save only the selected layers, but this option does not work when using the Multiple Save feature to save as a PDF.
- When working with files in the 3D View Editor, the background color cannot be set to transparent. An opaque color must be used.
- When accessing EXIF information in Canvas, the Shutter Speed Value parameter can sometimes display incorrectly.
- When exporting to a CGM format, hotspots will appear as solid blue rectangles.
- When the same Canvas Macro File is converted more than once, no dialog box appears to warn that the file already exists.
- When importing geometric information via the Geometric Data I/O, all variable data (the values of the points for polygons, Béziers, etc) must be contained at the end of the line. Otherwise, the object may display incorrectly.
- The history of 3D files opened with the 3D View Tool is not saved after a Canvas session.
- If Canvas 11.2 and Canvas Print Driver are on a 64-bit OS (7, Vista, XP), the print driver should be updated by uninstalling the existing Canvas Print Driver and then installing the Print Driver included with Canvas 12.
- High-ASCII characters added to fields in the Object Properties palette can display incorrectly.
Canvas X Supported Formats
Need more information? Type in the keyword or topic to search the knowledge base and find exactly what you’re looking for.