Canvas Design Contest
Thank you for your continued use of the Canvas product. We are always amazed to see some of the results that our customers generate in using the product for technical illustration design. To start out the New Year, we are launching a new Canvas contest, open to all Canvas users, and including Amazon gift cards to the top 3 design samples.
- $500 USD for first place
- $250 USD for second place
- $100 USD for third place
All you have to do to win a gift card is submit a screenshot of some our your designs generated using Canvas (any version) and send in a brief description of where and how it is used.
We would like to use some of the designs on our website and/or digital/print advertising for Canvas, so please make sure that you don’t include any proprietary or corporate information that can not be shared.
The contest will end on February 28, 2019, so make sure you send your submissions soon and we look forward to hearing from you.
Files 10MB and smaller accepted. Files types must be one of the following: CVX, CVD, PDF, JPG.
Terms and Conditions
Canvas GFX, Inc. (“Canvas GFX”)
Design Contest Rules & Eligibility
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Contest Subject to Canvas GFX’s Contest Rules: This Contest, all Entrants and all entries are subject to Canvas GFX’s rules outlined herein (“Contest Rules”) and applicable law. An Entrant’s participation in the Contest is an acknowledgment that the Entrant has read and agrees to these Contest Rules.
Eligibility: Canvas X Technical Drawing Contest (“Contest”) is open to all individuals age sixteen (16) years or older. (“Entrants”). The following persons are not eligible to enter or participate in the Promotion: (a) officers, employees, independent contractors and affiliates of Canvas GFX and (b) family members of and persons living in the same household with any of the persons named in (a) and (b).
Entry: Entrants may enter the Contest through the web page on the website (canvasgfx.com). Each Entrant may submit up to 5 Canvas X drawings via canvasgfx.com. Three winners will be selected who will receive one of three Amazon gift cards $500, $250, and $100 respectively. Submission of more than the permitted number of entries renders all entries from the relevant Entrant ineligible for the Contest. To enter without using the website, Entrants may clearly hand-print their full legal name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and the words “Canvas GFX Design Contest” on a 3″ × 5″ card (“Entry Card”) and mail the Entry Card to: 8201 Peters Rd., Suite 1000, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33324 USA. Mail-in entries must be received by 02/28/2019 to be eligible. Entrants who choose to enter by mail are only eligible to win the Prize giveaway. Entrants also assume the risk of mailing times, lost entries, and lost or missing information. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries, including without limitation entries which do not include a valid email address are void.
Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. (PST) on 01/15/2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on 02/28/2019. Entries not received by the end of the Contest period are void. The three winners of the Contest will be selected from all eligible entries on 03/08/2019. The winners will be notified by email and identified on the Canvas GFX website.
WINNERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of prizes will be permitted. Winners will be notified by email on 03/08/2019 and identified on the CANVAS GFX website and LinkedIn. Entries constitute permission for the winning Entrant’s first name (but not the Entrant’s other personal information) to be displayed on the Website and LinkedIn. To claim the prize, winners must follow the instructions contained in the notification email on or before the dates specified above. As a condition of being awarded a prize, the Contest sponsors may, at their sole discretion, require the winner to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Contest Rules and release of liability.
Prize Winner, Notification: The Prize Winners will receive an Amazon Gift card at one of the three values: $500, $250, or $100. Canvas GFX will pay shipping costs on the Prizes. THE PRIZE WINNERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of Prizes will be permitted. Winner will be notified by email on 03/08/2019 and identified on the Canvas GFX websites and associated social media sites. Entries constitute permission for the winning Entrant’s name (but not the Entrant’s other personal information) to be displayed on the Website, LinkedIn, and on other Internet websites owned and/or operated by Canvas GFX and associated sponsors as the winner of the Contest. To claim the Prizes, the winners must follow the instructions contained in the notification email on or before 03/15/2019 or another winner will be selected. As a condition of being awarded a Prize, the Contest sponsors may, at their sole discretion, require the Prize Winners to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Contest Rules and release of liability.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. All Prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable.
Sponsors: The Contest is sponsored by Canvas GFX.
License: Entrant and Canvas GFX agree as follows:
- Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) Entrant is the sole creator and owner of the digital drawings attached in Appendix A (the “Canvas Drawings”) and has the requisite powers, rights and authorities to enter into this License and to license Entrant’s rights associated with the Canvas Drawings to Canvas GFX; (b) no person has any claim or interest in the Canvas Drawings that would affect Canvas GFX’s right to use the Canvas Drawings.
- Entrant hereby grants Canvas GFX a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to alter, modify, change, create derivative works from, display, copy, distribute, publish and otherwise use the Canvas Drawings in any print, online, film, video, broadcast or multi-media product for promotional, advertising, editorial or consumer merchandising use without any compensation payable to the Entrant or any other person by Canvas GFX.
- Entrant waives in favor of Canvas GFX and its successors, assigns and licensees any and all non-transferable rights (including any and all moral rights) Entrant has throughout the world in, to, or associated with the Canvas Drawings.
- Canvas GFX is not obligated to use the Canvas Drawings. Canvas GFX will not use any Canvas Drawing in a defamatory, libelous, pornographic or unlawful manner.
- Canvas GFX will provide credit to Entrant in connection with the use of the Canvas Drawings, except on CD faces.
- Each of Canvas GFX and the Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the other party from and against any and all claims, complaints, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of the breach by it of any representation, warranty or covenant given by it under this License.
- This License is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this License and may be modified only by a written agreement signed by the parties or their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns. This License is for the benefit of Canvas GFX and its successors, assigns and licensees. Canvas GFX may assign this License.
- This License shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein, excluding application of any conflict of laws principles. The parties hereby irrevocably attorn and submit to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Alberta, Canada over any dispute arising from, connected with, or relating to this License or any related matter.
Release of Liability: Submission of an entry into the Contest constitutes the entrant’s agreement to waive, release and discharge Sponsors, Canvas GFX, Inc., Facebook, Twitter and all of their affiliates, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and liabilities (including without limitation costs and attorney fees) (collectively, “Claims”), known or unknown, that the Entrant may have or claim to have in connection with, relating to or arising out of (a) the use or publication of intellectual property or personal information submitted with or as part of the Contest entry, unless and to the extent the relevant use or publication results from the willful misconduct of Sponsors, (b) the nature and content of Contests, the ability or inability of individual entrants to access Internet websites (including without limitation LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter), email addresses or other information relating to Contests at any time and for any reason, and (d) acceptance, possession or use of Prizes won as a result of participating in Contests. Entrants accept full responsibility for and agree to fully indemnify Sponsors, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter against any and all Claims arising out of or relating to the substance and content of their Contest entries.
No Warranties: Sponsors and their officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, advertisers and sponsors accept no liability and make no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation (a) Contest prizes and awards, (b) the form, substance and content of entries, including without limitation entries containing false or inaccurate information, entries which fail to comply with Contest guidelines, Contest Rules or applicable law, (d) entries which may be lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, submitted after applicable deadlines or not received, regardless of the reason or justification for damage, destruction, deletion or failure of delivery, (e) technical errors or malfunctions, whether or not caused by or originating with Sponsors’ equipment, (f) the functionality of the Internet, email servers or websites, (g) loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by, resulting from or arising out of any Contest, entry, prize or related matter, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Entrants accept sole and complete responsibility for making sure Contest entries are received in an appropriate form and timely manner.
General Terms: Contest entries must be submitted in accordance with the Contest Rules and applicable law. Sponsors reserve the sole, discretionary and absolute right to determine contest winners and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend any Contest at any time with or without notice or cause. Sponsors reserve the sole, discretionary and absolute right to resolve any dispute relating to or arising out of any Contest. Entries are void where prohibited by law. Entries constitute the entrant’s agreement to be bound by and comply with the Contest Rules, and applicable law, and the entrant’s warranty that the entrant (a) has read and understood all relevant rules, and (b) is eligible to win. Improperly submitted entries or entries submitted in violation of applicable law are void and not eligible for consideration. The Contest is subject to applicable laws. The Contest and all Contest Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Province of Alberta. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accept no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage resulting from Prizes or participation in the Contest. If any conflict arises between Contest Rules and applicable law the latter will prevail, the relevant Rules will be deleted, modified or limited to the extent necessary and the other provisions of the Rules will remain in full force and effect. For a copy of the Contest Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Canvas GFX, Inc., 8201 Peters Rd., Suite 1000, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33324 USA. Void Where Prohibited. All Contests are subject to applicable law and void where prohibited by law.
Be sure to visit Canvas GFX, Inc.